No matter at what stage of life you may be, there are simply bound to be many good reasons why you cannot save money at this particular time.
AGE 20-30 I can’t save now. I’m just getting started in my life, I don’t make a lot yet, and I’m entitled to a little fun while I’m young. There is plenty of time. Wait until I start making a little more. Then I’ll save.
AGE 30-45 I can’t save now. I’ve got a growing family on my hands. Children and a house cost a lot of money. It takes all I have to keep them going. As soon as they are a little older, it will cost less. Then I’ll save.
AGE 45-55 I can’t save now. I’ve got two children in college. It’s all I can do to pay their expenses. In fact, I had to borrow for their tuition last fall. This is the most expensive period in one’s life. I can’t save a penny.
AGE 55-65 I can’t save now. I know I should, but things aren’t breaking like they were. It’s not easy for someone my age to step out and get a better job. I will have to ride along where I am. Maybe something will break.
AGE 65 I can’t save now. We’re living with my son and his wife. My Social Security doesn’t go far. I wish I had started saving twenty years ago, but it’s too late now. You can’t save when there’s no income.
THE CONVENIENT TIME TO START SAVING NEVER COMES…